Updated: Jun 4
Leaving messages on the phone
Ex. The food is ready.
Please tell her that the food is ready.
Could you tell her that the food is ready?
Would you let her know that the food is ready?
1. The meeting is canceled.
2. The car is ready for pick up.
3. The concert is at 8:00 pm.
4. The gym hours are from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
5. All the stores are closed tomorrow.
6. Next Monday is a long weekend.
7. Jack is on vacation.
8. The doctor’s office called.
9. The mall is now open.
10. Your grandfather is sick.
Ex. Send the email.
Please ask him to send the email.
Would you ask him to send the email?
Could you ask him to send the email?
1. Bring the contract.
2. Please call back to reschedule.
3. Pick up Sonia at 8:00.
4. Change the car oil.
5. Call the doctor’s office.
6. Meet me at the library.
7. Prepare the video.
8. Make the hotel reservation.
9. Cancel the appointment.
10. Open the door.
Reminders with negative infinitives:
Ex. Don’t wait for me.
Please tell her not to wait for me.
Please ask her not to wait for me.
Could you ask her not to wait for me?
Would you ask her not to wait for me?
1. Don’t come back in the afternoon.
2. Don’t forget the gift.
3. Don’t buy the cake.
4. Don’t prepare lunch.
5. Don’t take the key.
6. Don’t send the letter.
7. Don’t make the reservation.
8. Don’t check-in online.
9. Don’t bring the luggage to the hotel.
10. Don’t call between 3 and 5 pm.