Updated: Mar 2
Confusing Words That You’ll Never Confuse Again (Quiz 2)
- Choose the correct word:
1. Tim and Tom are sitting __________ each other. (beside / besides)
2. Be happy and __________ the moment. (embarrass / embrace)
3. I __________ how I can get out of this situation. (wonder / wander)
4. How many __________ are there in this theatre? (raw / rows)
5. I need a __________ place to study. (quiet / quite)
6. You can __________ the recipe to better suit your culture. (adapt / adopt)
7. I got the position __________ you. (thank / thanks to)
8. He __________ a lot of money from his sister last year. (borrowed / lent)
9. This problem is part of my __________ work. (everyday / every day)
10. I'm not sure __________ he'll join us. (weather / whether)
11. They __________ her when they gave her the gift in front of the others.
(embarrassed / embraced)
12. Please don't __________ your computer to others. It's not safe.
(borrow / lend)
13. __________ English and French, he speaks Spanish.
(Beside / Besides)
14. There's __________ salmon in sushi. (raw / row)
15. __________ you for helping me. (Thank / Thanks to)
16. The _________ is extremely cold this winter. (weather / whether)
17. They __________ their son 2 years ago. (adopted / adapted)
18. My son is __________ tall for his age. (quiet / quite)
19. We kept __________ around until we found the house.
(wondering / wandering)
20. I see them __________. (everyday / every day)